How to Join Freemasonry
If after reading these pages you want to take your interest further and particularly if you think Freemasonry may be for you, and you are resident in the United Kingdom, then please complete the Online Application Form.
- Men over 21 years, although some people are able to join earlier with permission from the Provincial Grand Master.
- a belief in a supreme being (God as you understand him)
- the ability to pay lodge subscriptions and contribute to charity, have time to attend our meetings without having an adverse impact on their family
- No desire to seek preferment or material gain from being a member
- Residing in the United Kingdom
Your application will be sent to our secretariat and they will be in touch with you shortly thereafter to take your application further. In all likelyhood they will have a telephone conversation with you first before arranging to meet with you at your local or chosen Masonic Hall. Here you will be introduced to the local membership officer who will give you a tour of the Hall and find out which may be the best Lodge to introduce you to, dependent on your interests.
There is of course no reason why you can’t just knock on the door of your local Masonic Hall and inquire further there. They will be welcoming and very pleased to see you.
Before applying you should make yourself aware of the membership requirements within these pages to avoid any embarrassment. Of course, if you already know Freemasons then they too may be able to advise you and offer some direction.
Finally, if you do join, we hope you enjoy many happy years as a Freemason in our wonderful Fraternity and that you and your family gain much enjoyment and fun from your membership. It is often said that you get out of Freemasonry what you put into it and it will be wonderful to welcome you and see you contributing to the future of Freemasonry. Our very best wishes to you and your family.
*THIS FORM CAN ONLY BE ACCEPTED FROM GENTLEMEN RESIDING IN THE UNITED KINGDOM*
Before completing this form please consider that:
- Freemasonry demands that you believe in a ‘Supreme Being’
- Your wife or partner should be happy that you wish to join
- There are costs associated with membership (subscriptions, dining costs and so on which we can discuss with you)
- Freemasonry involves you being comitted and this includes giving up your time to attend Lodge, social and other meetings
[wpforms id=”1633″ title=”true”]