Your first steps to become a Freemason in Cumbria
How to join your local Masonic lodge
Hopefully you have found this site informative enough to make the decision to join a Freemasons lodge in Cumbria?
We do have a questions and answers section that can assist you further.
- You must be aged over 18 years.
- Be an honest person of good moral character.
- Have a belief in a Supreme Being (that is personal to you).
- Able to commit to giving up some free time.*
THE FIRST STEP TO BECOMING A FREEMASON IN CUMBRIA:
- Complete the membership enquiry form.
- Visit your nearest lodge to meet lodge and committee members.
- Ask questions.
- Visit when you can to get to know members of the lodge.
THE PROCESS OF JOINING THE FREEMASONS:
Each lodge will have its own way of doing things but essentially each follow the same ‘principal’.
As much as you can, visit the lodge, or meet socially to get to know members.
They will want to find out about you and you will want to make sure the lodge is right for you.
Do speak with your family about joining Freemasonry. Their support is equally important.
Should you be successful the lodge will ask you to attend for an interview and your application will be completed.
This will be read out at the next meeting of the lodge and a date will be set for you to become a Freemason.
During this time it is generally the Secretary or Membership Officer who will keep you informed at each stage.
Good luck in your application!