Cleator Caring Moor has recently received a total of £1000 from the Provincial Grand Master’s charity fund.
On receiving the funding, Michelle Denwood said
“Thank you so very much for the £1000 grant funding given to our group. This enabled us to help the community enormously over the Easter period.
We used your generous grant to run a Good Friday food give away, this included the following –
- Fish delivered to 30 pensioners
- Easter packages delivered to 12 pensioners
- 50 Easter Packages prepared and picked up by those in need in our community
- Easter packages delivered to provided Easter dinner and Easter Treats to a local homeless unit
- Easter treats delivered to a local care home
- Easter Eggs for a local egg hunt to encourage children to use local open spaces while staying covid safe
The community and our group truly appreciate your support at this time, we would have been unable to support all of these people without your help and the continued support of Mr William Morley and the use of Cleator Moor Civic and Masonic Centre”.
The group has been heavily involved with the Cleator Moor Civic Hall and Masonic Centre for a number of years, running initiatives such as supplying Christmas Dinners and food parcels to the lonely and those in need.